- For the contemporary illustrator I chose Oliver Jeffers. I came across him a few months ago as one of his illustrations was featured in German magazine Flow, which I cut out.
- I did some reading on him, and found his career inspiring. I also aspire to become a children’s books illustrator (my secret dream).
- I researched his style, and found it very playful, colourful, sweet, and imaginative
- Some examples of his work can be seen here.
- I feel that his style can be considered as modern, because he uses imagionary scenes, abstracts and simplifies nature.
- I worked on researching his style, and created some sketches based on his drawings, and made notes of my thoughs on his style